Australian Visa for a crew member
We can help seafarers apply for a visa to Australia: prepare and submit all necessary documents to the Embassy.
Transit visa (stay not more than 72 hours)
Reception of an Australian transit visa is carried out through the Embassy of Australia at Moscow. Personal presence in the embassy is not required. In order to apply for a visa, you need to collect the entire package of documents and in a sealed envelope be dropped out to the special mailbox on the territory of the Embassy. The original passport is not required, confirmation with the visa number will be sent to the e-mail address, which is indicated in the questionnaire. Visa fees for obtaining a visa are not charged.
A Maritime Crew Visa (MCV)
Applying for a MCV is carried out through the official website of the Immigration Service of Australia. The service is free of charge. Receiving immediately.
- Application form 876, you need to answer all questions and sign the application
- Application for Form 956 or Form 956A
- A copy of MCV
- 1 color photo, size 35mm x 45mm
- Photocopy of the personal data of a valid passport. Original passport is not required.
- Seafarer's ID (e.g. seafarer's passport)
- A letter of invitation from the local ship / transport agent of the vessel, which states: the names of the crew members, the names of the persons they replace, the name of the vessel, the estimated date of arrival to Australia of persons who require a visa; the port and date, where and when they should join the vessel, and a copy of the request for crew members from the agent in Australia, in case the agent does not own the vessel. The request must contain information about the crew members applying for a visa.
To obtain a transit visa, it is required to submit the originals of the application forms (forms 876, 956). Forms can be found here.
A copy of the transit visa will be sent to the email specified in the forms, getting within 24 hours.